A clear strategy is a key prerequisite to international growth. Many businesses “dabble” in international markets with an “ad hoc” approach, failing to create a solid presence in their target markets and ultimately weakening their competitive position. An effective strategy identifies opportunities, anticipates challenges, elicits resources and paths a plan of action. The management, deployment and continuous evaluation of this confluence of knowledge, resources and opportunities is critical.
At Elementi we work with you to map a course of success.
Some strategic questions that we can assist you in articulating:
- Which export markets will best further my strategic goals?
- What is the competitive impact of entering a new market?
- Does my strategy take into account the growing importance of emerging markets?
- What are the most cost-effective types of relationships in a given market and what are the costs/benefits of each? For example, is it licensing, distribution or a direct presence in loco?
- How can my internal structure acquire the financial and human resources necessary for success in my targeted market(s)?
- How can I leverage my existing international business to create a sustainable long-term presence?
- How can I best protect my company’s intellectual assets abroad?