Successful business development that follows a well-conceived strategy increases long-term profitability. In international markets, business development can be more challenging for companies as market dynamics are different. Differences in regulations, consumer preferences, market dynamics, language or culture can often obscure management analysis and decision-making as a company looks to expand abroad.
At Elementi we have the experience and insight to help you identify and seize opportunities in distinct- and distant markets. Whether it’s setting up a distribution network in Brazil for the first time exporter or optimizing profitability for a business unit in Singapore, we can help.
Some of the many questions to consider in international business development:
- What is my market potential?
- What are the resources necessary to enter a given market?
- Who are my competitors in my target international market?
- Are there external, structural limitations (limited distribution, high duties, protectionism) constraining my growth and how can I overcome these?
- Are there internal, structural limitations (processes, bureaucracy, allocation of resources) constraining my growth and how can I overcome these?
- Is my sales force and strategy adequate? What are the resources necessary to serve my customers efficiently and profitably?
- Are there partnerships or relationships I can forge to reduce my market development costs or decrease my time-to-market?